Feb 10, 2012

Working title, part 2

So far:
- storyboard is complete
- animatic is complete
- 5 shots of 21 are roughly animated
- music is under development

Looking good.

I’m not going to show the animatic here but you can have some screenshots. They are not in specific order.






Backgrounds are still missing because it depends on the music what they will look like.

This is going to be insanely short animation. Right now the animatic is 1 minute and 10 seconds long. Wow. Of course it will be possible that it will be few seconds longer but that’s still very short.

I decided that half of the animation will be drawn on paper and the other half digitally. I will especially draw those scenes digitally that worked perfectly on animatic. The other scenes that are good but still have some staging problems, I will try to figure out by drawing them on paper.

I would love to draw every single scene on paper but there are many problems with it:

1. Scanning takes too much time.

2. Some of the storyboard’s digital drawings have already perfect keyframes for animation. All they need is some inbetweening and that can be done on computer.

3. When I start to animate on paper I get tensed because my mind keeps telling me that everything has to be done perfectly. I just can’t relax and just work. I had the same problem before when I worked on my first animated short. It has been two years now and I still haven’t got rid of that feeling.

It will be interesting to see if there’s any difference between digitally and traditionally drawn scenes in the final work after the clean-up. Hmm.

And here’s a rough sculpture of the rabbit that I made one night (because obviously the best time to sculpt is nightime!):







The model was made from children’s clay and it has some wire inside to support it. And yes, because it was made from children’s clay it means that it doesn’t dry. At all. But it will be easy to reuse!

Remember when I said that the ears will be tough to animate? Turns out that those are the easiest parts. The thoughest is the head. THE HEAD. What the-

----

Previous posts:

Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment